Sunday, August 06, 2006

It's coming together....

We have Nico's Australian passport back already. That only took one week from when Cary took it to LA. The embassy in Washington that's handling Cary's Immigration visa should have everything they need now. I've made appointments to have moving companies come to our house to give us quotes on moving our stuff to Australia. And I'm sosooo excited!!!!! It hit me this morning "I'm going home!!".

I am grateful for the home-base that this has been here, and for all of the adventures we've had and friends we've made. But deep in my heart, it's not where I want to be forever. I am grateful that I've been able to spend so much time with my children and I'm grateful to my husband for the lifestyle we've had. I am hoping that he will be able to relax a lot more in Oz, that he will find enough things to keep him entertained and interested. I know my family will make him feel very welcome and I'm sure it won't take him long to get to know a lot of the locals. I hope he grows to love Australia even a tenth of what I do. He's worked so hard for so long, he needs to enjoy some of the good life!

I have tried to 'bloom where I'm planted' and I've been happy here. But now...

I'm going home! I'm going home! I'm going home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to Team Huff visiting us here in Oz!
Sami Sunshine Girl - Our resident rosellas are enjoying breakfast at the feeding station outside the kitchen window. They are brilliantly coloured, red & blue & green & white. I know you're clever & creative because of that lovely story you wrote on my card, so thought I would ask if you could come up with nice names for them, please? When you come to Australia you may be able to see them - as long as they are still coming to our garden.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blogs and I'm so excited for you! Can me and moll come visit you one day? I'd love that. I'm so glad our paths crossed while you were in this place on your journey. Keep shining!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me. I changed my blog and deleted my name and didn't pay attention to what it would say when I commented. Justine

Annette said...

Justine, absolutely - come visit us! I saw that you deleted your blog and I miss reading about your life there and your insights that I could relate to so well. But I understand your reasons.