Monday, February 25, 2008

Joyous Becoming

Blogger keeps scrunching this post up with no spaces between the paragraphs. I've tried 5 times to fix it but it keeps going back to this. I'll try again later. ...Nope, it just will not cooperate so I will put an * in the para breaks and colour over them.
*
Yesterday we went for a drive to the new area we'll be moving to. It felt so good to be there that we went ahead and booked in to move there this coming Thursday which is when we're paid up to at the current place. The new caravan is now registered and just needs to have the air conditioner put on and different stabilizer supports put on. The quality of the caravan on the whole is excellent, but the supports are not a good design. So it's just those two things and we're confident we can get those done by Thursday.
*
The weather has been lovely. Quite warm and sunny - real summer weather. Considering all the rain we've had, and the fact that summer is "officially" over at the end of the month, it's been great.
*
We spent a few hours playing on the beach yesterday. Ahhhh...it was sooo beautiful! It felt just so great to be there. The beach is the place that I feel the deepest connection to Source / God / Goddess / myself / everything. It is where I feel timeless and the mental chatter just stops. As I sat on the beach yesterday, totally in the now, I felt some mental weight being lifted. Later, as I felt a surge of energy, I realised that those stubborn pounds that I have been hanging onto, would soon also be lifted. It was an absolute knowing. I saw that I had been using some mental
process to hang onto weight to keep myself from feeling fantastic to play a "poor me" pity role to get attention. Wow. Not the kind of attention I actually want, but a kind that is easier to get perhaps. Oh dear. I apologise to myself for not being more gentle with me and I apologise to the world for putting that kind of energy out there. But, this is how we learn and (hopefully) I will remember this lesson, this feeling, this connection.
*
Something that used to drive me crazy was that things never seemed to get done. I mean all done - there always seemed to be something else and something else. Just as I finished doing the laundry, it would start to pile up again. You know what I mean, ...there is always so much to DO. I could never get it all done. I used to think that "when it's all done, then I can relax". But it was never all done, so I felt I could never really relax. I have gotten a lot better about that and now I'm at the point where I no longer feel guilt when I do relax. It's taken a lot to get to there though. I think the final leg of that journey was reading Abraham saying that we never, ever, ever, get it all done. Like the following quote:
*
What is it all about? To get things done? No! Because you do them, and you undo them, and you do them, and you undo them, and you do them, and you undo them... What is the point in all of it? It is the thrill of the process along the way. Physical human minds keeps thinking, We have to be going towards some end. And you kill each other by the millions trying to decide what is the appropriate end that you are all going toward. And we say, well, there's your flawed premise. Because there is no end that you're going toward. We are all on a perpetual cycle of joyous becoming. We will never get it done, ever, ever, ever, ever
Excerpted from a workshop in Spokane, WA on Tuesday, May 30th, 2000
*
Being near the beach, for me, greatly helps me in the process of "joyous becoming". I can see it in Cary and my children too.
*
AJ likes writing things in the sand. Yesterday he was writing "I AM RICH". Not just because he had just found 70cents, but because of how he was feeling in that beautiful place with the love of the family around him.
*
All 3 children seemed so calm and happy playing on the beach with just a few sticks and their imagination.
*
The place feels like such a good fit for us. Cary said "I think we've found our niche!". It sure seems like it.

No comments: