Monday, January 19, 2009

Do you know the Buddhist / Hindu Deities?

In addition to the sarongs we aquired recently, we also got some huge wall hangings of some different Buddhist Bodhissattvas and Hindu Deities. I've put a couple on ebay over here, but I am not totally sure of who they all are. If you have any ideas, or are interestd in buying one, please leave a comment or email me at rawmum@yahoo.com

The lady we got these from told me that this first one is Kwan Lin / Quan Lin / Guanyin - goddess of mercy, compassion and kindness.


This next one is the Hindu Goddess Saraswati, the divine consort of Lord Brahma, the Creator of the universe. She is the Goddess of knowledge, learning and wisdom. Some also say that she is also the Goddess of music and all creative arts.

? This is quite possibly Avalokitesvara / Chenrezig. A bodhisattva who embodies the compassion of all Buddhas. He is the patron bodhisattva of Tibet. If anyone thinks he may be someone else, please let me know.


I am stumped with this one and cannot figure it out at all. Any suggestions? If you click on the photo it should supersize for a closer look.
These are all at least 115 x 168cm / 45 x 66", most are 115 x 175cm / 45 x 69".

If you are interested in buying one, we do take paypal.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Queen B said...

Hi Annette-
I'm thinking that the last one may be Vishnu, Krishna, or Rama basically because of the blueness...
Sorry I'm not more help.
Blessings.

Annette said...

Thanks Queen B!