Tuesday, March 01, 2011

new old projects

As I was working through the box of papers that I spoke about in my last post, I had the realisation that these things are very similar to the books I had.  I had been able to release a lot of my books by understanding that I didn't need to hold onto them...any lessons in them that I thought I "needed", would come to me when I was ready, perhaps in a totally different form.  I was totally prepared to recycle most of the papers.  Somehow these seemed a little more personal than books though, because they were things that had come through me, or to me at specific times in my life.  Still, I was okay with releasing most of it. 

I'm glad I took the time to sort through it.  I found some common themes through looking at it all, and felt inspired to work on some of my internet ideas.  Probably half of the papers went into the recycling bin, but the rest will jumpstart the projects that have been on a very slow simmer for quite a few years.  I was also thrilled to find some letters, cards and emails from some people who have been very special in my life over the years and it was so wonderful to read their words again.  I was also able to see how I have evolved ...quotes and affirmations that helped me to get to the next step on this journey.  I really have come a loooooong way!! 

I'm excited to get back to work on those old projects.  I have a fresh take on how they might look, but I also know that they will take on a life of their own and evolve in maybe a slightly different direction to what I have in mind right now.  Kind of like how my own life has turned out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Over the years, I've let stuff go like that. It's funny because at the time I let it go, I was sure I'd miss it one day. But, I can't recall a time since then that I've ever thought about any of it. Sometimes I'm grateful for all our moves. My life is pretty "light" compared to so many I know. I was thinking of this the other day as I was thinking ahead to preparations for hurricane season. I hardly have anything I couldn't live without. Except of course, my family and yes, my pets. It's kind of nice that way.

Annette said...

I know exactly what you mean! It was so satisfying to watch the recycling bin filling up!

One of the things I did find is a copy of an email that you wrote on 12/31/05 to the LVLL. It was a long email where you had shared some thoughts and choices you had decided to make for yourself for the following year. I wonder what your list looks like now?
hugs..

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cool! I still do have lists but I keep them pretty short and focused. That way I can remember what's on them!

Annette said...

I hear ya!