Sunday, March 02, 2014

Trusting Money...


Early in life, I had a belief about money that there was "always enough".  That has served me well for most of my life.  When I was working and in charge of my own finances, I always had enough to pay the bills, buy a car, and do fun things.   Not "worrying" about money kept a space open for it to continue to show up.   Since being with Cary, he has mostly taken care of the financial side of life, but I still mostly kept with the "always enough" attitude.  I don't spend frivolously and I maintain a personal quest to find a great deal when we need or just want something.  Op shops, yard sales, Gumtree (the Aussie CraigsList), specials, etc...  

With Cary away,  and with me over-thinking life, I had been worried about money also.  As I found my way back to Trust that I mentioned in my last post, I let go of my fear about "not having enough money".  

Yesterday, after I had come back into alignment with my own Truths, I got a phone call to say I had won a competition I had entered randomly.  Two days ago, I had been shopping at my favourite little independent grocery store.  At the bottom of their receipts they have an entry form for a monthly drawing.  The current promotion is that they will pay your latest electricity bill.  And I won!  As we have solar panels, our last bill wasn't huge, but what they so happily gave me will probably pay for half of the upcoming car repair bill.  Even better than that though, when Nicholas and I went there to collect our prize, the owners took time to have a chat with us.  They were so interested in homeschooling and very supportive of what we are doing.  Really lovely people!   What a priceless moment of connection with other people - that's the real value in my life.  

No comments: