Friday, October 28, 2005

Judgement

So many people assume that they know what is going on in another persons life. They assume that other people don't know or don't care to know about things that they are interested in. Maybe so. But what does it matter? I'm sure the second person knows and cares about things the first person doesn't. And isn't that what makes life interesting? We all have different strengths. We are all on different places on our journey.

I think that everyone is trying to make a better life for themselves in the best way that they know how to.

I think that attacking others is a sign of ones own insecurity. But of course, that's a judgment on my behalf. I ask that instead of attacking, we try to understand others. Take a moment to think "gee, I wonder what makes them like that?". Instead of being so quick to assume, put aside judgment to learn and possibly grow.

I am so sick of negativity. How is this world going to evolve if we keep bringing it down with our personal thoughts? I saw a young teenage girl out shopping recently and her t-shirt read "you are a fine example to idiots everywhere". I know some people think that's really funny. But I just thought it was sad. How can society become a more peaceful, loving place when we don't support and encourage each other?

I'm all for creating a better world. Stop complaining about the lack of respect and manners and be an example of those things. Others will learn from you. As Ghandi said: "Be the change you want to see in the world"

No comments: