Friday, October 28, 2005

Peace

I feel like my lifelong quest has been that of Peace. Oh I have found it - many times - but I keep losing it. I need to know how to keep it as a part of me. I know I can tap into it any time I want to, and I know what I need to do to keep it as a major part of me. But I keep forgetting to do those things. I guess I take them for granted or I get interrupted one too many times and get out of the habit. Doing daily yoga and Reiki are a part of the puzzle, as are eating simply, communing with Nature, keeping warm and a few other things. Doing these things helps me feel so much more loving and peaceful and in balance.

After my first Reiki attunement, I was introduced to my main Spirit Guide. At first his name came through just as 'P'. After spending quite a bit of time with him, I soon realised that his name is Peace. I laughed with delight that Peace is my guide.

When I was a young girl going to Catholic school, I used to enjoy hearing stories of the Saints. My favourite was that of St. Francis and I still have a copy of his Peace Prayer that I was given when I left that school.

I have a secret fantasy about spending a week at a quiet meditation retreat where no one speaks. It would be so refreshing to let my mind be free of constantly translating the spoken word. Just for a little while.

So many messages come to me about Peace. I think I'm supposed to be doing more about it. Life just gets too busy with other daily things that I tend to forget or put aside the most important things.

I don't wish to be free of the storm, but calm within the storm.

No comments: