Saturday, January 17, 2009

Celebrating life

I am really loving this stage of my life...



...the ages of my children, the close bond we have, being able to talk about a wider range of subjects and do different things;



...the loving bond I have with my man, my best friend, my lover - having the same goal and sharing a similar mindset and loving raising our children in this place at this time;



...no longer having most of the self-conscious, insecure thoughts about my self and my role in life;



...no longer wondering if I'm doing 'enough';



...realising that who I am, the love I radiate is so much more important than the things I do;



...knowing when to step back, when to step up, when to shut up, when to speak up, when to rest and when to move, when to let go...these things I no longer agonise over but rather they flow more naturally as the seasons do.




About 18 years ago I cut out a little quote and stuck it inside my wallet where I would see it often. It said: 'Be bold and courageous - when you look back on your life you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the things you did.' Many of my decisions over the years were made bearing this quote in mind. Even so, I didn't always feel bold and I wasted a lot of time wishing I could do more with my time and energy and talents and I wasted time feeling that I wasn't enough. But now, my definitions have changed and I am bold because I march to my own drum and I live my own truth and I don't have to explain myself to anyone. I have no regrets, every step along my path has been a lesson for me. The joy I feel in living every moment is so fulfilling, I feel so free!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will have to remember that quote!