Tuesday, March 10, 2009

the seasons roll on..

Autumn starts here on 1 march. The first week of the month was still like summer but now we are getting some cooler wind and rain. Some are the effects of the cyclone further north, but very much fall weather. I always get a little sad at the end of summer. Even though I know it's going to come to an end, I don't like it. Perhaps that's why I enjoy it so intensely. If it was spring and summer all the time, would I take it for granted and not live it so joyfully?

This time in one week, Cary will have left the house on his way back to Las Vegas for two months or so. Even though I knew this was coming, I am sad. But perhaps that's why we have enjoyed the past few months so intensely. If he was here all the time, would I take him for granted and not live so joyfully with him?

Isn't that true about life? We all know it's going to end one day. Summer has a t-shirt which has on it "don't take life so seriously...it isn't permanent". When I do remember that, life seems much lighter and more joyful.

No comments: