Saturday, January 09, 2010

heart drawing

I haven't felt very inspired to blog lately. Apart from enjoying the lazy days of summer, swimming, biking, kayaking and playing at the park and/or with friends, we've been working on getting a new business established to support the caravans and boats that Cary is importing.

I've also been distracted by a new hobby: zentangles



I used to doodle in a similar fashion when I was bored in class at school, but I was always very critical and didn't like anything I drew. I used to think that someone else could have done a much better job. I always put myself in the category of "unable to draw / not artistic". So what's different now? I am so much gentler with myself in every area. My life is lived as an expression of love and joy and the zentangles that have been coming through me are such fun to draw. They are kind of like my life - I don't always know what's going to happen next; I just don't know how it's going to look at the end of the design, but gee it's fun in the process. I just sit with my paper and pen and open myself up and feel guided to make different patterns. The heart above is only the third zentangle I've done. Maybe one day I'll get around to watching one of those youtube movies to get instruction on doing these...or maybe I'll keep on winging it. Like my life, I know my designs will evolve as I discover ways that feel and look good to ME. I'm already finding different patterns that just feel really good to draw. I am just so excited by these simple things because it's taking me deeper into myself, into a new area of creative expression. I am feeling both more centered and more expanded. Another exciting part is realising the lack of judgement I have for myself - how much I've grown to accept myself and this new dimension. Wow. Now I know that there are people out there who draw so much "better" than me, and good for them! Really. I'm just excited that I'm not afraid to draw anymore. I feel like a kid with a new toy!

No comments: