There's nothing like passing an overturned car surrounded by emergency equipment on the motorway to give a renewed appreciation for my life.
I've been in a low place lately, and just as I started coming out of it, I passed the accident which was like the final shake I needed to get over myself.
So I thought I'd take this opportunity to think about some of the things I'm most grateful for.
I'm grateful for...
- three healthy, strong, loud, vibrant, amazing, children that everyday teach me more about unconditional love and patience and joy.
- my relationship to Cary who has been able to show me the high road during some recent challenges; who moved half way around the world to start a new life in a land where the business rules are very different to what he knew, just to fulfill my dream of moving back here near the beach.
- my body which may not be exactly how I would like it right now, but it is not in pain, and it has done some truly amazing things, including giving birth naturally three times.
- my extended family who loves me even though they don't always understand or agree with my choices.
- my friends who are quick to give a hug or a shoulder and just some good companionship that comes with sharing similar lifestyle choices.
- the magnificent ocean and the joy and fulfillment that it gives me almost every day as I walk along the shore and play in its water.
- the local birds and their songs that bring me pure delight.
- the bushland and it's mysteries and familiarity and noises.
- the food we have to eat, clothes to wear, a warm home, tools to make life easier and entertaining (computer, iphones, etc)
- music and movement.
- opportunities to grow and stretch myself, uncomfortable as they may be.
- experiences to try many different things and people and places in my life.
- and mostly, thanks to this very breath that keeps me going here.
...What are you grateful for right now?